Easy Rebates Membership Requirements

If you get paid to teach music, direct a church music program or are a college student studying music, you most likely qualify for Easy Rebates.

Here are a few questions we've been asked.

General Questions:

Is the Easy Rebates program available to music teachers, church music directors and college students outside of the US?

Yes! The program is open to anyone around the globe who meets the qualifications.

I am a music teacher and church music director. May I have two Easy Rebates accounts?

Yes, you may! You can have one account for your school or music studio and one account for your church. However, you will need to have a different email address for each. You may also choose to have one Easy Rebates account for both. It’s up to you how you want to manage it.

If I qualify in more than one category, do I earn double rebates?

No, you will not earn double rebate credit if you qualify in more than one category.

Questions from Teachers:

Do part-time teachers qualify?

Yes, you can teach part-time and qualify for Easy Rebates. As long as you are paid to teach your students, it does not matter if you are a full- or part-time teacher.

Do I need a teaching degree or music degree to qualify?

No, we do not require either a teaching or music degree to qualify for the program.

I'm studying to be a music teacher. Do I qualify?

Yes, music students qualify for the program. And to make it easy, you do not need to fill out another application when you become a teacher. Your membership will carry over when you become a teacher.

I teach out of my home. Do I qualify?

Yes, you can teach out of your home and qualify for the program.

Do band directors and/or choral directors qualify?

It depends. The issue is whether the focus in the position is to teach music or to lead a group. If you are a band director or choral director for an educational institution, you will qualify for Easy Rebates. If you are a director for a band or choir that charges for performances (such as a community-based choir or band), you will not qualify. If you are a choral director or band director and you are not working for an educational institution but believe that you should qualify, we encourage you to provide details in your application that would enable us to understand the teaching focus of your position.

Do college professors qualify? How about Kindermusik instructors?

Yes. As long as you are paid to teach music, you qualify. There is no restriction as to the type of instrument or the level of the student that you teach.

Questions from Church Music Directors:

Do I have to be a full-time church music director to qualify?

No, you do not. You can be full-time, part-time or volunteer. You just have to lead at least one group.

What type(s) of church music groups qualify?

Any kind! You can direct adult choir, children’s choir, handbell choir or praise and worship band.

Questions from Students:

Do I have to be a college music major to qualify?

No, you do not have to be a college music major to qualify. You simply have to be enrolled in a college music class. Whether music is your major or minor or you're taking a music class as an elective, or singing in choir or playing in an ensemble for fun, you can sign up for Easy Rebates!

Does my membership expire when I graduate?

No, your membership will not expire! We want to encourage lifelong music-making.

If I become a music teacher, do I need to fill out another application as a teacher?

No, you do not have to fill out another application. Your membership will carry over.

Member of

MENC logo

MTNA logo

MTAC logo

Featured Sale